February is Library Lovers’ Month!
Or as Elizabeth Barrett Browning might say:
“How do we love libraries? Count the ways–
We love them to browse and wonder and learn.
Our minds can reach, when for ideas we yearn…”
Or, to swap sonnet for listicle, here is how you can best show your love for us, the Parkersburg & Wood County Public Library!
10 Ways to Love Your Library
1. Join, friend on Facebook by clicking here, or otherwise support our Friends of the Library Association. They show us love all year round by funding Summer Reading programs, organizing book sales, and much more.
2. Visit one of our libraries! Have you seen our new South Parkersburg branch, yet? It’s lovely inside. Or, have you ever browsed the Genealogy room in the main library? Here are our hours. Please visit soon. 🙂
3. Check out a book. Or a movie. Better yet, check out several! Here are some of our newest items.
4. Participate in a library program. From story hours to art programs to reading contests, we offer the best free alternatives to a night in front of the T.V. Following our main page on Facebook is the best way to keep up with what’s happening.
5. When we share something on Facebook or other social media that makes your heart go pitter-patter like it and share it with your friends. We need your help to keep us from getting buried in the feed!
6. Get to know our digital collections as well as our physical ones. We subscribe to all sorts of digital services so you don’t have to! Check out our online databases, like Chilton’s here, and our exciting collection of e-books, e-audiobooks, and digital magazines here. Zinio will deliver the next issue straight to your inbox for free!
7. Attend our semi-annual Friends of the Library book sales and stock up on titles that with no due date… ever! Watch for the next one this spring.
8. Volunteer at the branch nearest you. Summer Reading program, gardening duties… we can help you find the best way to donate your time.
9. Put your money where your heart is. Learn more about how you can support us financially here.
10. Read this article, and discover even more ways to show us your love!