Board of Trustees
The Parkersburg & Wood County Public Library has been governed by a Board of Trustees since 1967. Board members are appointed for five-year terms of office; two members are appointed by the Wood County Schools Board of Education, two members are appointed by the Wood County Commission, and one member is appointed by the City of Parkersburg. The five-person panel consists of the President, Vice-President/Treasurer, Secretary and two members at large.
Board members serve without compensation. They generally meet the 4th Wednesday of the month in the Library Board room at 5:15pm unless otherwise posted. Board meetings are open to the public.
- Coming Agenda
- Minutes of last meeting
- Latest Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet. in monthly report.
- Department Activities
- Circulation statistics for Month and Annual comparison
- Policies – Update to Personnel Policy regarding pay periods and switching to accrual basis.
- By-Laws of Library Board, Board member Job Description, and History of the Library
- If you would like to make a public comment or attend the next Library Board meeting, please contact the Director by phone at 304-420-4587 ext.7
Next Library Board Meeting
Emerson Library – Summers Auditorium
Time: December 6, 2023 at 05:15 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Every month on the Fourth Wed except for November and December (TBD)
Current Board Members (term end- appointed by):
- June Rhodes – President – (2026 – Board Of Education)
- Paul E. Miller – Vice President – (2024-Wood Co. Commission)
- Cynthia Lockney – Secretary – (2025- City of Parkersburg)
- Jennifer Carpenter (2027- Wood Co Commission)
- Sonya Ashby – (2028- Board Of Education)
Director of the Library – Brian E. Raitz