Board of Trustees
The Parkersburg & Wood County Public Library has been governed by a Board of Trustees since 1967. Board members are appointed for five-year terms of office; two members are appointed by the Wood County Schools Board of Education, two members are appointed by the Wood County Commission, and one member is appointed by the City of Parkersburg. The five-person panel consists of the President, Vice-President/Treasurer, Secretary and two members at large.
Board members serve without compensation. They generally meet the 4th Wednesday of the month in the Library Board room at 5:15pm unless otherwise posted. Board meetings are open to the public.
- Coming Agenda
- Minutes of last meeting
- Latest Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet. in monthly report.
- By-Laws of Library Board
- If you would like to make a public comment or attend the meeting, please contact the Director by phone at 304-420-4587 ext.7
Topic: Library Board Meeting
Time: January 25, 2023 at 05:15 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Every month on the Fourth Wed except for November and December (TBD)
Current Board Members (term end- appointed by):
- John Jackson – President – (2023- Board Of Education)
- Paul E. Miller – Vice President – (2024-Wood Co. Commission)
- Cynthia Lockney – Secretary – (2025- City of Parkersburg)
- June Rhodes – (2026 – Board Of Education)
- Jennifer Carpenter (2027- Wood Co Commission)
Director of the Library – Brian E. Raitz