GENEALOGY AND LOCAL HISTORY
|During the COVID-19 library limited access, Ancestry Library Edition access has been expanded to Wood County patrons working remotely. Please contact the library by Email or use our Contact form to obtain the password.
Patrons unable to access our collection in person may send inquiries by mail, Email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or the Contact form.
If sending requests by postal mail, please use the following address:
Parkersburg and Wood County Public Library (P&WCPL)
3100 Emerson Ave
Parkersburg WV 26101
Attn. Genealogy Department
Please be aware of the following guidelines.
- Our minimum research fee is $2.00 per request (each Obituary would count as a request) plus $.10/page for photocopies.
- There is a limit of 5 requests at a time.
- Please include a phone number or email address in the request in case we need further information.
- An invoice will be sent with the requested Obituary, article, etc.
- If requesting an article/Obituary from a newspaper, you must provide us with at least a month and a year for us to initiate a search.
- Similarly, if requesting information from our census microfilm reels, you must provide us with at least a state, township/district/borough, and a year.
- A pdf copy of our microfilm holdings is here.
Access the growing collection of digitally scanned copies of books from the PWCPL Genealogy section.
Take fun and interactive trivia quizzes prepared by the Genealogy staff to spotlight works by our local historians.
Get more information on upcoming scheduled Genealogy seminars hosted by PWCPL
Here is a listing of Genealogy web sites that may be of help.Wood County Historical and Preservation Society